Missed the Meeting? View the recorded meeting HERE.
Moderator Percy Brandon, Vintners Resort, will be asking insightful and interesting questions to an experienced and knowledgeable panel – sharing some clarifications to the challenging questions of the day.
Our Esteemed Panelists:
- Percy Brandon – Panel Moderator, General Manager Vintners Resort and Board of Directors, Sonoma County Tourism
- Derek A. Ridgway – Attorney Partner Hanson Bridgett
- Rose Stanton – CMP Wine Country Destinations
- Liza Graves – Co-founder of Beautiful Places
What will you learn:
- How might your property or organization draft a cancellation policy when it comes to cancelling or postponing an event due to unpredictable events?
- What does Force Majeure mean? Is there any general rule?
- Can there be an Impossibility or Impracticability clause in an agreement?
We know there is no one size fits all policy or contract, however, there may be a way to reword contracts and cancellation policies to include some unpredictable events such as a governmental pandemic shut down, unhealthy/smoky air or PGE Power outages during fire season and include them in a Force Majeure clause.